“WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT A CIRCUS MUST HAVE" -- Marvin Spindler

“WE HAVE EVERYTHING THAT A CIRCUS MUST HAVE" -- Marvin Spindler
Horses, Camels, Ponies, Donkeys and Dogs Coming to 18 American Cities ...

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ice Dance Rigged and Thrown by "Judging Johns," Sceams Toronto Journalist... Controversy Rages Over Final Scores Putting America's New Darlings on Top

 "A tawdry whore of a sport where the judges are the Johns."-- Rosie MiManno, the Toronto Star




Silver medalists: Were Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir robbed?

I'm not surprised, even though I did not stay up all night to watch the final program skated.  (I might have missed out on my quality time with Dracula).

The Russian pro who teaches both of the two top teams told CBS, on the subject of the judges, "I don't understand what they're looking for. It's a mystery."

Here's a sample of what might be going on

You have my take below on three teams which I watched in the short program. I remain appalled and astonished at how high a score the sloppy thrown-together flash team of Chuck and Bates received; and how stunningly under rated were the obviously superior due of Lanotte and Cappelini.

We all know that the so-called "judges" are not above taking bribes or "fixing" an event. Happened in Salt Lake City, and was there not the incident of a French judge in collusion with another judge ---you favor my skater, and I’ll favor yours. .

A report in the French sports publication L'Equipe said to be "circling that the Russian and American judges were in cahoots against Canada to help each other win gold medals -- Russia in the team competition, the United States in ice dancing."

Troubling sampler grabs my skeptical attention:

Tonight on CBS, film clips of  the victorious White and Davis, and then, more briefly, of  their Canadian rivals showed the latter to be a much more solid and polished unit.

When I can watch the entire final Ice Dance event in replay, I'm going to study it with laser eyes and report my findings..

No comments: